Señoríos de Relleu is the outcome of Eliseo Quintanilla Almagro’s curiosity, experience and origin. Born into a farming family in rural Cartagena, he decided early on in life to work in the world of pharmaceuticals, studying plants in search of purely natural means of making people feel better. More than 15 years ago this led him to research the beneficial health properties of oleuropein, found in olive leaves. This was the start of a close bond with olive trees, a love he has wholeheartedly instilled into his youngest son Hugo since childhood.
2.Location and terrain
The Masia Teuladi farmhouse, built in 1918, is only 10 km from the sea and nestles in a valley of almond groves and Aleppo pines, where gentle Mediterranean breezes take the edge off the often harsh mountain weather. Here, among the terraces, is where Eliseo and Hugo set up Señoríos de Relleu. The chalky clay loam soil found in this area makes this the perfect spot for growing native varieties such as Manzanilla Villalonga, Blanqueta, Changlot Real, Alfafara and Genovesa alongside the highly prized Arbequina variety.
3.Pioneers in conveying emotions with all 5 senses
Passionate people, places and projects infect everyone around them with their enthusiasm. We want to share that passion with you, so this naïve-art style aluminium bottle designed by Paula Alenda shows the people who founded Señoríos de Relleu, the mountains, the Mediterranean, the Finca Teuladi estate (“teuladi” means sparrow in Valencian), the oil press, awards obtained at Terraolivo (Israel) and in Los Angeles (USA), and of course the olive trees and their fruit, whose delicious juice it contains.
Native varieties have their very own style, which typically features an excellent aroma, a fresh fruity flavour of freshly cut grass, combined with balance, stability and complete harmony, allowing complex pairings to be made. To fully preserve the first-class nutritional and sensory properties of EVOO (Extra Virgein Olive Oil), we decided to produce an innovative unbreakable, lightweight, hardwearing, recyclable and easy to use aluminium bottle that protects its contents from direct light. The Señorios de Relleu Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the result of a careful selection of the varieties that compose it. It is a “Coupage” or “Assembly” that comprises the Manzanilla Villalonga, Arbequina, Blanqueta, Changlot Real, Alfafara and Genovesa varieties and that make up an olive oil with a great personality, with distinguishing aromas and hints. “Extra Virgin Olive Oil”, very balanced, fruity and aromatic, with great complexity and personality, with hints of green banana, tomato, green almonds, fresh grass, fennel and aromatic herbs (these being especially pronounced). Production is limited to the harvest itself. We have 4differentCoupages:
Organic, Delicate, MediumandIntense
-Silver Medal in Olive Japan 2014
-Tow Silver Medals in New York
-Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals plus Intense category , Best of Class in Los Angeles Extra Virgin Olive Oil competition
-best oil in Spain In the Guide to Wines and Oils
-Versatility prize in Salón Gourmets Madrid
-Olibar de Madrid Fusión
- In the Guide to Wines and Oils produced for the Semana Vitivinícola (Wine Week) (Valencia), prize for the best oil in Spain 2015 (for the fourth consecutive year) with 96 points.
- Expoliva: V International Exhibition of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jaen. May 2015, sectioned within 150 Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Supreme quality in the world.
- Third Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Valencia "Contest XX Virgin Olive Oil City Utiel" Utiel. May, 2015.
- We have to emphasize that for the fifth year in Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2.015 Competition (Los Angeles - California), second largest in the world competition, we have been awarded with a "Gold Medal", "Silver Medal", "Medal Bronze" to our oils. In addition to other "Bronze Medal" to the presentation and packaging of our oils.
-In New York, at the International Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2015 (New York), our oils have received one “Silver Medal”.
- At the Olive Japan 2014 Competition (Japan) we received two “Gold Medals” for our oils.
- Gourmet Olio 2015 Prize from the prestigious German Der Feinschmecker magazine. In May 2015, a jury of international experts included Señoríos de Relleu in the Guide to the 175 best Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the World. We were awarded the GOURMET OLIO 2015 Prize
- For the fifth consecutive year we won the "Gran Prestige Gold Award" and "Prestige Gold" in the contest Terraolivo 2015 (one of the most recognized) organized in Israel as one of the best oils world. And also the Best Packaging Design Award from the organization.
- Finalist in "Armonia 2015" International Competition, in Italy. In May 2015, with our native Variety Blend of Alicante, we were finalists in the VII International Competition Armonia 2015.
- In the German Magazine Selection - Das Forum für Genieβer 2,015: we have selected with 3 stars to the Medium and Delicate Coupage and 4 STARS to our Intense Coupage.
- On its 27th anniversary, La Guide Gourmands 2016 (guide for the lovers of good food) selected us as one of the best artisan producers of Europe.
- Selected by Flos Olei Guide 2016 like one of the best Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the world. We were selected as the best oil from the Valencian Autonomous Region and one of the best from Spain, with a score of 93 points. Over 1000 oils from around the world entered the competition.
- In the World Ranking of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO World Ranking ) 2015, Selected by the World Association of Journalists and Writers of Wine, Spirits & Allied, like one of the best 100 Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the World.
+34 965 98 42 84
© 2017 All rights reserved. Made by Best Olive Oils Organic